Terms of reference: The Publisher refers to Ricochet Publishing. The Buyer refers to the person purchasing the Bargain Buy. Getaway refers to any Bargain Buy that requires accommodation bookings to be made. The Service Provider refers to the establishment providing the product or service.
1. Bargain Buys are only sold subject to the following conditions:
1.1. All Bargain Buys ordered must be paid for within 48 hours of the order. Bargain Buys that have been ordered but for which no payment has been received in the 48 hour period will be made available for resale.
1.2. Although every effort will be made to meet the wishes of the Buyer, the purchase of any Bargain Buy does not guarantee the use of the Bargain Buy.
1.3. The Publisher reserves the right to suspend the sale of any Bargain Buy at any time, including such time as between the order and time at which the order expires.
1.4. Use of Bargain Buys are limited to a period not exceeding six months from date of the order or to the expiry date listed on the voucher. Should a Bargain Buy not be used within the said period of six months or before the expiry date listed on the voucher the Buyer foregoes the use of the Bargain Buy or voucher and no refund will be made by the Publisher.
1.5. No liability is accepted by the Publisher for failure by the Buyer to use the Bargain Buy within the time limit.
1.6. No returns are accepted and hence no refunds are made once the Bargain Buy has been made.
1.7. In the case of a Getaway the Publisher will make the reservation. Once the Bargain Buy has been purchased it becomes the responsibility of the Buyer to make any changes in reservations dates.
1.8. Should booking dates not be provided when purchasing the voucher the onus is on the Buyer to provide Bargain Buys with a date for booking at a later stage.
1.9 The Buyer agrees to abide by any and all of the terms and conditions of the service provider for whom the Bargain Buy voucher was issued.
1.10. Should you fail to arrive for any reservation, your voucher for the reservation will be deemed to have been used and no refund or further use of the voucher will be granted.
2. The Publisher accepts no responsibility for the loss, injury, death or damage to any Buyer of a Bargain Buy while using the product or service purchased from the Publisher. The sole risk of loss, injury, death or damage will rest with the Buyer.
3. The Buyer expressly agrees and warrants the fact that they are authorised and legally capable of making the purchase. Despite the foregoing, the person making the purchase hereby binds himself in his personal capacity in solidum with his ostensible principle to honour and fulfill all obligations of the Buyer under this contract, and should the Publisher proceed against the person that signed the agreement, all the terms and conditions hereof shall apply mutatis mutandis the aforesaid person.
4. In the event of any dispute or claim arising out of this agreement, the parties hereto agree to submit to the jurisdiction in terms of Section 45 of Act 1944 (as amended) of the Magistrate's Court irrespective of whether the cause of action involved exceeds the said Court's jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the above, the publisher reserves the right in his sole discretion to institute action in the appropriate division of the High Court.
5. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. No variation or suspension of any of the terms of this agreement shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties to this agreement. No latitude, extension of time or any other indulgence which may be allowed by the Publisher i.r.o. any obligation shall under any circumstances operate as a waiver or novation or otherwise affect any of the Publisher's rights in terms of or arising from this agreement or preclude the Publisher from enforcing, at any time and without notice, strict and punctual compliance with each and every provision or term hereof.
6. Any complaints about any aspect of any advertisements from which a credit might emanate must be received by this office within 7 days after publication, by registered mail.
7. Telephonic instructions relating to Getaway details, i.e. reservation dates, arrival times, number of persons, must in all cases be confirmed in writing and can only be considered if provided within the 48 hour payment deadline.
8. Amendments of these terms and conditions
8.1 The Publisher may in its sole discretion amend, alter, add to or remove any of the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time without such having the effect of novating this agreement. Publication of such amendments, alterations, additions or removals by any such means as the Publisher may select shall:
8.1.1 constitute effective notice thereof to the Buyer; and
8.1.2 result in the Buyer being bound by the terms thereof with effect from the date of such publication, as if they had originally been included herein.
8.2 unless the Buyer objects by means of a written notice to the Publisher within the 24 hour purchase period, the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the correctness of statement, and the onus to prove the incorrectness thereof shall thereupon rest on the buyer.
9. Terms of payments:
9.1. Payment may only be made by Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit card, Debit card or in cash.
9.2. Cheques and cheque deposits are not accepted.
9.3. Electronic Funds Transfers must use the invoice number as a reference.
10.1 Unless stated elsewhere all Service Providers require a Bargain Buys voucher when purchasing the product or service or checking in to the place of accommodation.
10.2 All Bargain Buys vouchers will be emailed on proof of payment to the buyer. In certain instances the supplier of the service or product may require a voucher originated by the Service Provider. In this case the service provider voucher must be presented when purchasing the product or service. If delivery of an original Service Provider is required then the total purchase must exceed R500.